SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The First Scrapbook Page I Ever Created

Scrapbooking can be daunting to someone who has never done it before.

It can feel like a secret club that you don’t quite know how to join.

I don’t read a lot of scrapbooking magazines, I take my ideas from the pictures. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way to scrapbook and so here are some of things that I thought about when I created my very first page.

First, I broke the rules, I didn’t create a page for on event, I chose two pictures of my children that were taken when they were roughly the same age, which means the pictures were taken almost four years apart.

I loved the picture of my son, but there was a ladies “bottom” right in the corner, so scrapbooking helped me hide that. (it couldn't be cropped since it wasn't my picture)

I didn’t want the page to be to girly or too much for a boy, so I chose dragonflies for my son and flowers for my daughter.

I wanted to use stamps to create my images, because I knew that in years to come the stamps would still be there if I wanted to add to this page.

When thinking about color, I always use the rule of three, picking out three colors that were in both pictures. I love that Stampin’ Up! has a color for just about anything I need.

I also like the scrapbook page to be the backdrop and the pictures to be the focal point.

Back then, I was nervous about using color, but Stampin’ Up! made it easy for me, because I chose colors from the same color family, I knew that they would work together – I wasn’t quite ready to do my own thing with color all those years ago.

Well, that was about it. I just used what I had and what I knew and this is what happened.

There is one thing that I wish I had added – “journaling” – I now know that it is a fundamental part of scrapbooking. While a picture speaks a thousand words, there’s always a little more that needs to be said, that can only come from your heart.

I hope you enjoy my trip down memory lane.