SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Thursday, March 12, 2009

When I first discovered Stampin’ Up! one of the first things that impressed me were the color families. I loved that I could mix and match any color in a color family and I couldn’t go wrong.

One of my first goals was to see each beautiful color of card stock with my own eyes, because while the catalog is fabulous, there is nothing quite like seeing the real thing.

It took about six months before I achieved my goal and when I became a demonstrator I decided that everyone deserved to see these beautiful colors and so I created a binder with a sheet of each color card stock – It was big and heavy, and I loved it …..

….Then after four years of carting the binder round, I got smart and created a color ring with a smaller sample of each color and I’ve been using it ever since. You wouldn’t believe how often I pull it out to help my ladies with their color inspiration. I loved it so much, I made one each for my stamp club members.

Here it is, yum, delicious all those beautiful colors in one place.



Now when the new In Colors come out each summer, I punch a piece of each and just because the ink is new too, I stamp a sample of each color on a small circle and put it in the center of the sample, open up the ring, and add it to make my collection current. It's such an easy tool to use and keep up to date.

Ooops I almost forgot to give a big shout out to "Mr Crop-A-Dile" without whom I couldn't have punched through so many layers of card at once to create the hole for the ring -

- If you'd like to know more about "Mr Crop-A-Dile", you'll find him on page 189 of the Spring Summer 2009 Catalog and if you'd like to meet him, his number is 108362 - he's very creative, he'll punch extra holes in your leather belt, punch holes in the top of tin buckets so you can add eyelets and ribbon, he cuts through thick and hard items like a hot knife through butter - just ask my ladies, they are a huge fan of his.

I know this is just the beginning, so watch out for similar items in the future.