SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Made Lots Of Swaps For The London Regional Seminar

Soooo, what have I been up to this week? Making swaps for London, lots and lots of swaps.

When you swap with other demonstrators, you normally swap just card fronts. I’ve known for a while what I wanted to do.

The moment I saw the new Stampin’ Up! Full Heart Punch, I didn’t see just a heart, I saw a butterfly and I wanted to share this with my fellow demonstrators. Not every demonstrator has samples of our fabulous designer series paper and so I decided to create my butterflies from two of my favorite designer series papers and I also wanted to showcase the fabulous Big Shot dry embossing technique, which I used for the white background.

Many of my cards aren’t the big kind that I normally make, they are 3x3 love note size, just because the butterfly fits perfectly on the love note, which again showcases another one of our fabulous products that has coordinating envelopes too. I popped up the wings with dimensional to give the butterfly an illusion of flight and used a Stampin’ Write Marker for the antenna.

I liked the idea of a 3x3 card because if a demonstrator doesn’t want to showcase our love notes, she can attach it to a larger size card base and use it as the focal point – you know I love flexibility and simplicity.



Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!
I've added glitter to the wings of these now, to make the two sets different. The white backgrounds have been dry embossed too.






I’m always nervous when creating swaps for anyone because I know how much thought and work other folks put into their own swaps too.

I’ve taken my swap supplies all over the place this week – whenever there was a moment, I made a few more. (yep, our dimensional stick, even in a freezing cold ice arena).

You know how when you go to your first dance and you wonder if anyone will actually ask you to dance? This is how I feel when I go to these gatherings, I just hope and pray someone likes my swap enough to ask me to swap with them. I’ll let you know when I get back if anyone asked me to dance.
Have a wonderful few days everyone and I promise to post again early next week!