SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tips For The Seeing Spots Scrapbook Pages



Because the ladies were left to their own devices to create these pages any time over the retreat weekend as their FREE make 'n take, here are a few tips to help. There were full instructions on the make 'n take table, along with picture tutorials for each project.

  • Don't forget to clean your stamp before changing colors
  • When stamping the background on the whisper white, stamp off the edges of the paper to give a more finished look to the edges and vary how far in the stamps go.
  • Rotate your stamp or the paper to give a more random pattern.
  • This one is huge - Stamp your letters for the words and then punch them out. It's really hard to stamp an image on a small circle once it is punched.
  • I used the rule of three - in other words, I used three colors of ink and three colors of card. Because I used white card as my third color, I made my third ink color chocolate chip to make the page pop. The rule of three works for most things, even flower arranging (my Mom taught me that - Thanks Mom - Miss you)
  • To punch the boarder with the scallop edge punch is easy once you know how. There were step by step instructions and photos for the ladies to use. I will post a mini tutorial here later or tomorrow.

Now I'm off to make 100 swaps for the fabulous Stampin' Up! London regional I'm attending. I'm soooo excited I can't wait, especially since Christy and Terri are joining me.