SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Monogram Tag

I promised myself I'd stay off the computer today and just be creative, but what fun is that if you don't share?......

My ladies always ask where my inspiration comes from and for this project it came from multiple places........

  • I have this cute new bag and I just like to add my own touch. As soon as I saw this bag, I had a feeling it would inspire me to be creative in one way or another. My daughter gave me the most delightful cherry bag jewelry to go on my winter bag and it wouldn't look right on this bag and I knew I'd miss my special gift from her.

  • For Christmas my daughter's Godmother gave her a delightful monogram tag similar to this and I really wished I had one too.
  • My daughter's Godmother took me shopping in North Carolina and we went into a shop that sold tags like this - oh my gosh, I could have eaten that shop for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it was absolutely delightful, but oh boy, a tag like this was $7:00 - $9:00.

  • Every year when I make party bags, I like to put something I've created for the children and if time allows, this is what I'd like to make this year. My daughter has been busy creating things to go in the bags too and so this year I'm going to have to step up my game - do you think they'll like them?

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!

One thing that you can't see is that the ribbon is hiding a little silver clasp (lanyard clasp), so that the tag can be easily attached. I forgot to photograph the back, but it just has my blog spot address in very simple tiny print so that anyone can see where the tag came from and then it has the black and white images stamped all over.

I chose not to put an address, since this is just a monogram to personalize and I'm always worried about having things with addresses attached to bags.

Well, it's taken me since Christmas for my inspiration to become a reality. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project.