SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Friday, August 28, 2009

Inspiration For Melanie

When Melanie called me and said she needed to make Baby Shower Invitations for a friend and could I help with ideas - I had absolutely no idea where to start. All I knew was that I needed to keep it simple because I know how Melanie loves brads and I knew somehow I needed to leave her some "brad mania" space, she also wanted bright colors....

.... Well, here are a few of the samples I gave to Melanie - I knew she'd be making a lot of cards and so I wanted to keep it simple and because she was making so many cards I liked the idea of using curvy verses, because you don't have to get the stamp perfectly strait every time. Once I hit on the idea of polka dots, I wanted to repeat it and so it is in the ribbon and embossed on the white card and again in the eyelet punch boarder and of course I made the ribbon a simple knot so that Melanie didn't have hours of frustrating ribbon tying.

I added a little dazzling diamonds glitter to the bunny tail and to the owl wings, which you can just about make out in the picture. What I loved about this card is that she could use one as the invitation and then keep the theme going by making coordinating Thank You cards with a different "Forest Friend". She stopped short of creating coordinating favors for the shower.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!
Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!
Way to go Melanie, you created beautiful invitations for the shower and you are one heck of a friend, she's one lucky lady to count you among her friends!
Have a great weekend everyone - stop by here for "Movie Monday" on what will be the last day of August!