SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My First Ever Challenge!

Once in a while I head out the door on a Friday night to join a fabulous group of ladies for an evening of Scrapbooking/Paper Crafting. We gather in the basement of a local church and everyone does their own crafting thing.

This week, Sarah (who organizes the gathering) sent out a challenge to create a project. The parameters were that you had to use eight different designs of patterned paper, eight stickers and a stamped image.

I have never in my life done a challenge, but I’m one of those people who just can’t resist a dare and that’s what it was to me.

Well, for a start – I don’t have any stickers, so I had to make some with a sticker machine I won last year – lucky for me Sarah likes “outside the box thinking” and so making my own stickers was OK with her.

On Friday evening, I get to take my creation. Do you think they’ll like it?

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!

I used one of my favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Papers – Bella Rose and of course I had to get out my secret weapon “Big Shot” – have you noticed how many times I’ve called upon the Top Note die and how many different uses it has?

For the stickers I ran coordinating Designer Series Paper through my sticker machine and then had the delight of using my new button die to create sticker buttons – Even my son was impressed. Was I done using the Big Shot? Oh no! I used the texturz plates to create the dry embossed background.

Then it was time to punch things up a bit with my brand new Eyelet Boarder punch – I thought I loved the Scallop Edge punch, but this one is dare I say it – even better?

I’ve resisted ordering oval punches ever since they came out, but recently I caved and so out they came too. Oh my gosh, why did I wait this long to go “oval”?

Finally I created my stamped image using one of the “Under $10” items that you can earn for FREE this month. Oh and there's glitter too on the stamped image.

Sorry if that sounded excitable. I just had the best time with this project.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend everyone!