SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stamp Club Project January 2010

I saw an idea for a card at the London regional seminar last year. It's taken me almost a year to get around to sharing it with my ladies.

The card below was my first attempt, as you can see it didn't turn out the best, but look below and see what happens if you try, try and try again.....

Below is the project I made with my stamp club ladies on Saturday. Projects like this just have to be shared.

I used the fabulous new emboslit die in the Occasions mini, so I didn't have to cut out a single butterfly, it was all done for me.





Images © 1990-2011 Stampin' Up!
Stop by tomorrow and I'll show you some more similar projects to make if you don't have a Big Shot. Now is the best time of year to order your Big Shot, because you'll earn all kinds of FREE Sale-A-Bration items.
Since posting this project I've been inundated with requests for how to create it and dimensions....Sooooo, here goes:
Lay a piece of card stock in your paper trimmer with card landscape. Score at 5.5", then score three times on each side of the middle score line each score line is 0.5" apart. Fold like a fan. Turn card over. Imagine that the folds are hills and valleys. With the valley in the middle (the mountain will be on reverse side), place sticky strip on every other fold, remove first strip and push together with the fold next to it, then remove the next one and do the same and finally do the last one. Flip the card over and stick your window sheet strips randomly in folds using two way glue pen or glue dots. Cut to length, depending on the item you decide to attach to each "arm" - be sure to make sure they aren't sticking outside the side of the card if you want it to fit in an envelope.
I did not have any instructions for this card, I just saw something like it and made up my own dimensions and after a few different tries I came up with this method and these measurements. I'm sure there are other dimensions and ways to achieve the same thing.
Have fun!