SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ready To Go


Once in a while you find something you've been meaning to use.

I know that one of these days my daughter will have anther Aloha moment and so I have these pages ready to go with some pictures I took a few years ago.

I guess I should be on HGTV because one of my favorite ways to scrapbook is to do like a "before and after" theme, in other words I like to choose two moments in time that happen a long time apart, so this page is just waiting to be used and thanks to Stampin' Up! my images are timeless. I still have the stamp set because one of these days I just know I'm going to need it for an "Aloha Bash"

Are you are wondering how I made the flower have a lighter color on the inside?

This was done with a technique called "rockin' and rollin'"

Take your stamp and ink it up in a light color, then choose a darker color and just rock and roll the stamp edges, huff (breathe moist air onto the stamp) and stamp and you will have a double color image. Please note - ALWAYS use the lighter color first and make sure the second color is dark enough that the light ink won't discolor your darker color.

Please note that this set has now retired, but the colors are still here and you can use the design as a scrap map and create any pages with any images.