SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Join our friend in the fight against breast cancer

A while back I received and email from a very special person - please take a moment to read the message below.......

Why am I walking?

I am a first time walker to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Last year when my sister-in-law, Susan, told me she had walked and about losing her mother, I realized even though not confronted with cancer personally, there are thousands of women who are and were.

Me walking 60 miles in three days, camping along the way, and showering in the back of a truck does not compare to what they and their families go through in their struggles.

On August 13-15, 2010, I will walk for them.

Women do not choose to get cancer, but we can choose to help.

Please help me help them.

Thank you for your support!

Now that you've read this moving email, I suspect you think it is one of my lady friends but it's not, it was from an amazing man called Bryan with a "y" - I am so proud of Bryan for standing up and being on our side that I wanted to do something special and so I made him a set of cards that he could use to thank those who are supporting him.

I've just visited Bryan's page http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/MichiganEvent2010?px=4643527&pg=personal&fr_id=1467 - Bryan - I think you need more thank you notes :-)

Bryan's goal is to reach $2300 in donations. Back when Bryan first wrote to me his goal seamed like an "impossible dream", but he is already 65% of the way there.

Even if you can't support Bryan this time, please leave him a message of encouragement here. I've opened this post up for comments. This very special person deserves all the support we can give him - isn't he amazing?

I know that Bryan couldn't do this without the amazing support of his wife Melanie, she's one of those people who makes you smile when you think of her.
Bryan - Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts - you are one special person and I'm proud to know you!
Click HERE to support Bryan