SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Workshop Fun

When my good friend Terri asked me to do a workshop for her, I decided to make a scrapbook page part of my demonstration.

Terri is a huge scrapbooker and it gave me the greatest pleasure to hand this completed page to her (one of the benefits of being a hostess with me).

Of course at a workshop it would be too time consuming for everyone to make scrapbook pages and so we made the coordinating card.


When I designed this page for Terri, I was thinking of her beautiful daughter who was little more than a wonderful toddler when we met and is now blossoming into a beautiful High Schooler. I imagined Terri using black and white pictures to show how her daughter has changed (black and white because she wouldn't have to try and coordinate clothes from times ten years apart) Black and white pictures will really pop with these colors .....

Yikes, I couldn't believe it, last week Terri called me to say that they are moving to the other side of the country, I'm thrilled for their new adventure but so sad that they won't be close by.
I guess the title of this page was just about perfect!
Images © 1990-2011 Stampin' Up!
Things that really made this page work well for me were the fact that we now have a butterfly punch, so I didn't need to cut out all the butterflies. I love how the polka dot ribbon mimics the polka dots on the little butterflies. The saying in this stamp set is more poignant than I could have imagined and I love that I could use my Autumn days stamp set on a page that reminds me of Spring.