SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW

SHOPE ONLINE WITH ME NOW
Stamps, Crafting Accessories, Home Decor and so much more..... Just click and SHOP... Stampin' Up! 2011 - 2012 Idea Book Available Now

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gift Inspiration

A Birthday treat for a very special lady........
Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!


My ladies often ask me where I get my inspiration from. As you saw yesterday, it came from the need for my children to have a healthy snack and a celebration.
Monday was a special day two ladies close to my heart have the same Birthday - My Big Sister and the wonderful Principal at our school.
At the weekend I was out shopping for Easter gifts to send to my family in England and I came upon these fabulous chocolate flowers and just had to buy some to send. This is how I dreamed they would look when the arrived, however good our mail system is, it would be impossible for them to arrive looking like this, but they are on their way and the thought was there.
When I arrived home I kicked myself because I remembered the Monday Birthdays. I'd seen some lovely Spring mugs in a magazine and I was itching for an excuse to buy one, so I jumped in the car, dashed to the first store and found the mug, raced to the next store, praying they still had the flowers and then discovered that Hershey's now make orange cream candy.... and here it all is together.
Of course no gift is complete without a little Stampin' personalization and so I used my punches and the fabulous set "Lovely Letters" to create the little monogram and because Stampin' Up! has the very best colors in the world, I was even able to coordinate it with the mug.
The CD is filled with school pictures for our principal - actually there were too many to fit on a CD, so it's a DVD.
The icing on the cake was that Spring came early and I was able to deliver it on a perfect Spring like day!
Do you think she enjoyed her gift? I sure hope so, she's a very special lady and if my Big Sister hadn't been 3,000 miles away, this is how her gift would have looked too.